Animal Farm Epic Analysis

Recently, I’ve been reading Animal Farm by George Orwell and it has piqued my interest. Only two chapters in, I’m already starting to notice common themes in the novel. The major conflict so far is that the animals on the farm are beginning to form a coalition against the humans. The most respected pig, Major, constructs the idea of an animal utopia with no human regulation. The pigs are all considered the smartest and are looked up to by the other animals. When Major dies, the pigs come up with a plan to overthrow the workers. A major theme that was evident was that animal abuse is common and wrong; the animals continuously point out the torments they endure.  Animals are constantly underfed, overworked, and just plain out mistreated on farms. The animals continuously point out the torments they endure.

It is ironic to note how the animals live on their own after they gain control of the farm for their selves. The pigs manipulate the other animals into doing all the work so that they don’t have any manual labor. Also, they trick the others into believing that it is necessary for pigs to drink milk and eat more food to stay healthy. Their new society mirrors the one with humans because there is a hierarchy , and it is still unequal. The pigs now act as the farmers that mistreat the animals. This proves the difficulty of a fully functioning society that treats everyone equally. I think eventually the less educated animals will try to overthrow the oppressive pigs. 🐷Oink🐽